Overhead Squat is one of the basic exercises that prove the good functionality of our body. It is the core of Snatch and helps to create effective athletic movement.
In this exercise the energy is transferred from the largest to the smallest parts of the body. Overhead Squat develops control of the central core of the body, punishing any shaking of the bar above the head. If the bar is kept perfectly stable and in a vertical position above the head then the Overhead Squat does not place extra load on the hips and back. Conversely, if the movement is spasmodic and fast, even the lightest loads make the movement quite difficult. Also, the Overhead Squat punishes any weakness in the Squat technique, it is a perfect warm-up exercise and helps the athlete’s functional flexibility.
- A. Hold the bar above your head in a perfectly upright position with your spine.
- B. The opening of the hands on the bar allows it to rotate behind your body (3600).
- C. Lock your shoulders and hold them as high as you can.
- D. Hold a lordship on your body, your back in the form of an arch, your gaze straight forward, your feet at shoulder width apart with the center of gravity of your body on your heels.
- Q. Keep your chest high and lower your pelvis below knee height.
- F. Keep the triangle formed by your hands with the bar completely perpendicular to the ground throughout the movement.
- G. Complete the movement by bringing your body into full alignment.