The Box Jump is a perfect movement for improving explosive strength and jumping capability. It actually does as it says.
From a standing position on the deck, you’re just going to take a huge dive into a box, stand up straight, and then step back down again.
The best thing about Box Jumps is experimenting with the height – we recommend you start off low as your first few box jumps can feel a little daunting, and you will eventually build up the height as you feel more relaxed.
- Stand on feet with hip-width apart
- Jump onto the box using a two-foot take-off
- Both feet land on the box simultaneously
- Keep the knees in line with the toes
- Complete at full hip and knee extension
- Jump or step down to begin the next repetition